If you’ve lived in North Carolina long enough, you know that warmth and sunshine are abundant, and the heat doesn’t always stop outside your front door. That’s why it’s important to keep your air conditioner working properly and getting any repairs done right as you notice the need. Here are five signs that you need an air conditioning repair.
- The air isn’t cool enough: If your air conditioner is blowing out hot air instead of cold, you could have an issue with the coolant or the machinery inside the unit. Either way, you need to schedule an air conditioning repair because hot air isn’t exactly enjoyable.
- Energy bills are higher. If you’ve noticed a sudden increase in your energy bills, your air conditioner is not working as efficiently as it should be. It could also be that the unit is wasting energy by short-cycling or constantly turning off and on when it’s not supposed to.
- Leaking around the outside of the unit: If you have an odd leak coming from your air conditioning unit, it’s likely condensation or leaking coolant. This could mean that the coils inside the unit aren’t working properly or you have a crack or hole somewhere that is causing the leak.
- There’s an odd noise: If your air conditioning unit is making a loud or abnormal noise when it starts up or while it’s running, you’ll likely need an air conditioning repair to fix the motor or other machinery within the unit.
- There’s an odd smell: This could mean that there are any number of chemicals coming from your air conditioner that are leaking or burning. It’s important to get this repaired right away as the chemicals or odors could be bad for your health.
You can prevent the need for any air conditioning repair and make the unit last longer by regularly changing the air filters and clearing away anything that may be obstructing the unit or the vents. If you do recognize any of the above signs in your air conditioning unit, give us a call today at Dunlow Mechanical.